The Inspire! Quiz
- Who was the first president of the Indian National Congress?
- Who wrote this:
“My joy was boundless. I had learnt the true practice of law. I had learnt to find out the better side of human nature and to enter men’s hearts. I realised that the true function of a lawyer was to unite parties riven asunder. The lesson was so indelibly burnt into me, that a large part of my time during the twenty years of my practice as a lawyer was occupied in bringing about private compromises of hundreds of cases. I lost nothing thereby – not even money, certainly not my soul.”
- Who was the first female president of the INC?
- Which political party formed coalition governments with the Muslim League in Sindh and in the North West Frontier Province in the 1940s?
- Who served as Finance Minister in Bengal’s Progressive Coalition headed by AK Fazlul Haq, who previously in 1940 had presented the Pakistan Resolution?
- Who wrote this:
“All their speeches were full of communal poison. It was not necessary to spread poison in order to enthuse the Hindus and organise for their protection. As a final result of the poison, the country had to suffer the sacrifice of the invaluable life of Gandhiji. Even an iota of the sympathy of the Government, or of the people, no more remained for the RSS. In face opposition grew. Opposition turned more severe, when the RSS men expressed joy and distributed sweets after Gandhiji’s death.”
- Jawaharlal Nehru was independent India’s first prime minister between 1947 and 1964. Who was the second person to occupy the PM’s chair?
- The maximum number of prime ministers have come from the Indian National Congress. Which party has supplied the second largest number of prime ministers?
- n which ten−year period did a record 27 crore Indians escape poverty?
- What were the UPA−era names of the following Modi government programmes:
(a) Swacch Bharat
(b) Jan Dhan Yojana
(c) Make in India
(d) Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation